Skip to main content
Solved

Evenly Spacing between Org chart squares

• 6 August 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi Everyone,

I am fairly new to Lucid Chart. I have managed to create my organogram, but I am having trouble with the spacing between the Org chart boxes. The usual “arrange > distribute objects” is greyed out. Anyone know what I could be doing wrong or how to fix this. Thank you.

Hi @Blaize Bailey 

The greyed-out situation likely due to incorrect object selection or incompatibility with the distribution function.

To resolve this, start by ensuring you've selected multiple objects to distribute - hold down the Shift key and click on each object, such as Org chart boxes, to select them. In addition, if the objects are part of a group, try ungrouping them first by right-clicking and selecting "Ungroup".

To learn more please follow this help article - Organize and arrange objects – Lucid

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

@Blaize Bailey thanks for posting in the community and @Humas1985 thanks for getting the conversation going! When working with data-based org charts or the org chart shape, the distribute function will not work. To edit the spacing of an org chart, you first need to select the entire org chart by clicking into the shape then clicking on the ‘org chart’ title in the top left hand corner:

Then, open the ‘layout style’ panel on the right and adjust the vertical and horizontal spacing accordingly: 

Please let me know if you have any further questions!