Skip to main content

I'm able to import my objects from Salesforce but I'd like it to follow the same styling that is in the "ERD & Data Flow" template. I only want to see object names and relationships but not fields. Once I import I can't seem to apply the template styling or remove the PK field. 

Thanks

Desired format:

Actual format: 

Hi Emily

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community! Unfortunately Entity Relationship Diagrams will always import in the format you're seeing in the 'Actual Format' screenshot posted above. The Template uses normal flowcharting shapes to demonstrate objects rather than using ERD shapes with data connected. I apologize for the confusion! All ERD shapes in Lucidchart will include a PK field and that field cannot be removed. You can modify the style color and format of these ERD shapes but the PK fields will always remain attached to the header. If you'd like to see only the object names and relationships you will need to replace the ERD shapes with shapes containing only the object name and connect them manually. I apologize for the inconvenience! Please let me know if you have any further questions. 

When I use Salesforce Import under the Database ER Diagram template the searching of objects is very slow also it does not display all the objects. 

Is it a bug? Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks 

Hi Balaram thanks for continuing this thread! That behavior sounds a bit unusual. Would you mind opening your document in a Chrome incognito window? This will start a new cookie session and disable any extensions which may be causing problems. Additionally performance issues like this are often related to internet connections. Would you mind accessing Lucidchart from a different connection? A mobile hotspot may be useful for this. 

If this doesn't resolve the issue please submit a ticket here with the document URL you're having trouble with as well as a screen recording of the issue. Thanks!