Skip to main content

https://www.enterpriseintegrationpatterns.com/patterns/messaging/toc.html 

Does Lucid offer support for these icons etc?

Hi @dhalonen thanks for posting in the Lucid community - I'm happy to help! Currently Lucidchart doesn't support a dedicated shape library for Enterprise Integration Patterns/"Gregorgrams." Apologies for any inconvenience this causes! However we highly value your feedback and if you'd like to see changes to this experience in the future we welcome more detail about what you'd find useful in this thread or via this feature request form. Our development team reviews this feedback when prioritizing improvements to the product. 

However I believe several of Lucidchart's other tools could allow you to find import or create these symbols for use in your Lucidchart documents.

• Use Lucidchart's Shape Search tool to search for similar icons or images.

• If these symbols are available for download as images or SVGs from other sources you can import them into Lucidchart for use as shapes in your document according to the instructions in this article from the Import Shapes and Images section of the Shape Libraries article from the Lucidchart Help Center. 

• You can build these symbols yourself using basic Lucidchart shapes then save them to a custom shape library of your own which you can then use in any document. In my example below I used regular lines squares and circles to recreate the "Correlation Identifier" symbol in the documentation you linked to. For full instructions on creating custom shapes and saving them to a library of your own refer to same article linked above.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

I stumbled across the "import" feature but it doesn't support vss files (the help page states it does). So in trying w/ svg file I am unable to find the import command. The help page refers to artifacts that don't seem to appear in the app anymore such as the "Workspace Manager".

@dhalonen The import tool does support both SVGs and several types of Visio stencils (.vss .vssx and .vsx). To access the Workspace Manager as described in the help center article click on Shapes in the upper left corner of the editor then select Import shapes at the bottom left of the modal that opens. I've demonstrated this in the GIF below:

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have additional questions.