Skip to main content

I am using an enterprise version of Lucidchart and when I attempt to import a Visio file (.vsdx) I am receiving an "unknown error". I made sure the file is compatible (Visio 2019). I also tried this in a non-enterprise account (free personal account) and the import worked fine.

Hi Paul

Thanks for posting on the community! Could you try importing your document in a private or incognito window to help us narrow down the potential cause (while logged in under your Enterprise account)? Could you also try connecting to a different network? Sometimes account performance issues can be related to internet security/speed or browser issues. These steps will help us eliminate that possibility.

If those don’t resolve the problem can you please fill out this Support form with the following information so I can take a closer look?

• A screenshot of the issue.

• The .vsdx file you are trying to import.

Thanks in advance for your help and patience!

Hello

I am having the same issue and it`s really affecting my job. I´m trying to upload a VSDX (Which I also converted as VSD) with custom stencils and I keep having this error to the point that now I´m considering requesting Visio and work from  a VDI. It`s a very important file since it´s basically the base for all my diagrams.

Hi Cesar

Thanks for continuing this thread. It looks like my colleague is answering your ticket now.

For others experiencing this issue please check if you have an editing licence on your Enterprise account. If you do not have an editing licence but are only able to view documents you will receive this error message.

If this doesn't help or you have an editing licence please follow the steps given above.

Hope this helps!