Skip to main content

Email Differences

• 14 December 2018
  • 1 reply

I'm just trying to set up an integration of Lucid Charts with my google drive.   It has detected that I have a different email address on my google drive from the one I use with LucidChart and it is telling me (REQUIRING ME??) to resolve them.  I don't want to.  To have a google drive account one is forced to open a gmail account but I don't use it at all and I don't want my Lucid emails to go there.  It seems that the installation of Lucid's google-integration app is being held up because of this.  Please advise!

==JLB

Hi John

Thanks for reaching out in the community. As you have identified there is a restriction that makes you use the same email address in Lucidchart as your Google Drive account. Due to the restriction is in place I suggest you change your Lucidchart email address to match your Google Drive email address so that you can properly link your Lucidchart account with Google Drive. I understand that you don't want to receive the Lucid emails so there are a few things that you could do: 

- You could unsubscribe from the emails in your account settings so you don't receive emails at all. If you are concerned about receiving spam know that we do not sell email addresses to any third parties.

-  You could set up a filter to automatically forward emails from Lucidchart to another email address

We would love to hear your use case for linking two different email addresses together. Do you mind filling out our feature request form to provide us with some details about why you want that specific feature and how you intend to use our drive integration? Thanks for your request!