Skip to main content

Why can’t I edit an org chart as editor.
Background:  I’ve used Lucid for a few years for org charts and was owner of our accounts/charts.  Was taken off as owner and added as an editor.  Another employee produced new org charts. I need to update by adding new people under a manager, move people from one manager to another manager, and more, however, I cannot make ANY edits on the org chart with the exception of deleting a box/role.  What gives?  What can an editor actually do?  I’ve never seen this before.  

Hi Diana,

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! As a first step I would recommend following these  troubleshooting instructions:

• Try the editing the Org chart in a Chrome Incognito browsing session. This often improves performance by clearing your cache and cookies and disabling your extensions.
  • Sometimes issues like this can be related to internet connection speed or network security. Please try the export again on another network, ensuring that you are on a strong, stable connection.
  • If it is a new org chart can you please ensure that you have editing privileges on the document? For more information on how to check it if you have editing privileges, please review our sharing help center article.

It is also worth noting that if the creator of document is at a higher-level account than you, you may not be able to edit the shared document or space even if you have been given editing access.

I hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to comment any further questions or concerns below.