Skip to main content

I am trying to add new employees but when i edit the names it either disappears or doesnt change from the default assigned in lucid chart eg New Employee (2)

How can i have my edits take effect?

Also is there a way to have edits in lucid chart automatically update the CSV/Google sheet data set. Right now i have to export as CSV then upload that into google sheets and then import that sheet. Is there an easier way?

Hi Raman thanks for your post! To confirm my understanding of the issue- you have imported a data-set to create an org chart and you are trying to manually add new employees in Lucidchart- but you are not able to enter names on the new employee shapes. Is that correct? 

It should be possible to simply double click on the 'New Employee' field on the shape and type in the name of the new employee- please see the GIF below demonstrating. Could you confirm if this is how you are trying to change the names? 

cYHvZYNKKCIJYH_dlu_5lw.gif

Regarding your second question- unfortunately the org chart data import current only provides a one-way sync - meaning that changes to imported org chart data that you make in Lucidchart will not push back to your Google Sheet. For this reason I would recommend adding new employees in the Google Sheet and then using the 'Refresh Dataset' option in the Org Chart panel to pull the new employee through to your Lucidchart diagram. You can read more about managing your imported data-set in this section of our Org Chart article. 

Yup thats what I am trying. It worked on one of my Org chart views but not on the other. Its not consistent

Hi Raman thanks for clarifying that! I created a Support ticket from your post and have reached out to you directly so we can continue troubleshooting the specific issue in your document. 

What is the solution for this? We are also experiencing this with our Org Chart. We are following the process outlined above and we are able to enter the new employee's name however it defaults back to 'New Employee (xjh59384hfhs4)'. Can you please help?

Hey Elyse

Thank you for keeping this conversation going! I will create a support ticket for you as I think we will need to look at this a little more closely. I will also post any updates surrounding this issue to this thread as to keep it up to date as well.

Thanks for the heads up on updating this issue--Cheers!