Skip to main content

I would like to edit a file previously created in Lucidchart but I only have the file in pdf and can't work out if/how I can import it?

Thank you

Hi Catherine 

Thanks for posting! Lucidchart does not support PDF --> Chart conversions but if you created the file in Lucidchart it should still be stored in the Lucidchart server.

If your work is lost, there are a few things you can do:

• The document(s) may still be there. Can you double check that you're in the correct account? Sometimes users will use single sign on while signed into a different email account, which can produce errors. I suggest that you make sure you've checked any and all Lucid accounts that might be under your email address(es). We would be happy to check any email addresses in our system that you are unsure of.
  • It is easy to accidentally delete documents. Could you please check that the documents aren’t in your trash? If the document is in the trash, check out this Community post (in English).
  • If the documents were shared with you and now you no longer see them in your account it is possible that whoever shared it with you rescinded your access. We would recommend reaching out to whoever owns the document to have them re-share it with you

I have a document that is in a PDF format created before we signed up to Lucid ( ie we were sampling the system) we have now signed up is it possible to import this file?

Hi Shane

Again Lucidchart doesn't support PDF --> Chart conversions. However if you can provide the email of the document creator and and the document name we might be able to find it. Please fill out the support form referenced in the earlier post to contact support. 

I created a document and downloaded it to Google drive.  The information on this document needs to be updated periodically.  How can

I download/export (not in PDF) so this can be done? 

Hi there thanks for continuing the conversation in this thread! Can you please clarify what you mean by "downloaded it to Google Drive?" Specifically what file format did you download it in? I think you'll find one of these two options useful for maintaining an up to date version of your diagram with Google:

• Google Drive Sync: This integration allows you to sync all of your existing Lucidchart documents to your Google Drive where you can share and access them for further editing. For more information on setting up the sync please view this Lucidchart in Google Drive article
  • Take advantage of the Lucidchart Add-on for Google Docs Sheets Slides and Gmail. This add-on allows you to insert your diagram as an image into a doc sheet or slide. Then when you make changes in Lucidchart to your diagram these changes can be updated in your inserted diagram without you having to re-insert an updated version. For more information view the linked Help Center article. 

If you have additional questions after reviewing these resources please post them below!