Skip to main content

I have a smart container with over 300 items and growing for tracking of a project. 

I would like to use the dynamic shapes with a formula as the value to display the percentages complete for different categories.

I am unsuccessful at attempts to get a reference for the contents in the container itself or the shapes inside them to access their property values.

I am able to use conditional formatting rules rather easily based off of the shape data properties.

Example: 1 Smart Container

8 Overall blocks  (levels)

300+ items - Each item has a "Content Status" property.

If I needed to show how many are complete on the first level I need to display:

total number of shapes with "Level"=1 & "content status" = "complete / total number of shapes with "Level" = 1

I've tried incorporating the container.contents() and the count(contents()) formulas and keep getting returns of an empty array or 0. 

Hi Monica thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! I'm happy to help. In order to help me better understand your setup and the formulas you have attempted could you please respond with a screenshot of an example smart container and a screenshot of the formulas you've attempted as you've entered them into the dynamic shape formula field? This additional context will help me take a closer look. Thanks for your help and patience!

I've been playing with the formulas in the visualize field to see what they are returning as well as in the dynamic shape. I'm having a hard time even being able to get an array to populate of the smart container.  I've tried utilizing page siblings container and several other routes to see if I can get access to either the container properties or the properties of the items themselves. Ultimately I need the properties of the items with "content status" to be able to calculate the percentages.

Hi Monica thank you for getting back to us with that specific question. You will need to create a custom data field (example title "number complete" for your dynamic shape that counts the total number of descendants with "Status" = "Complete". This can be done using the =COUNTIF() function (refer to our full formulas documentation for more information):

=countif(descendants(page) x => x."Status" = "Complete")

Next you can reference this newly created data field (e.g. "number complete") to calculate the percentage by dividing by the total number of descendants with the property "Status" (in your example this value is seven).

bvZ-f_KvDEPUvpybcbmi8A.png

lz7_4aCGgk2dPx-PZZyxig.png

You might also find this community post from another user with a similar question helpful! I hope this helps - please let me know if you have additional questions. 

Hi! Jumping in here to share about Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!