Skip to main content

Hi

there is a way to sue formulas or other hacks to create a label that display the lenght of another shape?

I'm used to work with lucidchart to create core or less complex shapes and I need to display the width and height of some of the shapes created.

Thanks

Hello Nick

Thanks for posting in the Community! 

Although we do have dynamic shapes to which you can associate values at this time it is not possible to set these values to refer to another shape.

If being able to display the width and height of the shapes you create is important to you I would recommend adding your idea to our feature request form. Ideas and feedback submitted to this form will reach our Product Development Team directly. 

Lucid highly values your feedback and needs and actively seeks to understand how its products can better support you in your work. 

Thank you!

Hello Nick

I'm writing again with a quick update!

It turns out that we have both WIDTH and HEIGHT functions that will get a shape's width and height. Without any arguments they will return the width / height of the shape in pixels but if you specify the block and the units it will return the size in inches or centimeters.

• WIDTH - Gets the width in pixels of the current shape

• WIDTH(shape units) - Gets the width of the given shape in the specified units (units can be "px" "cm" or "in")

• HEIGHT - Gets the height in pixels of the current shape

• HEIGHT(shape units) - Gets the height of the given shape in the specified units

The result will not display in a separate label but on the shape itself. I thought I'd share this anyway in case it still helps you achieve something close to your desired outcome.

Let us know if you have questions!

Thanks Coumba

now I've just to understand how to use it in a proper way!