Skip to main content

Am I able to create a template that I can then duplicate and edit?  I how do I highlight and copy an area I want to use again in the same document? for instance I am making a chart on language acquisition by age I have created my initial template but would like to copy and paste it in each age category is this possible and how? I can see how I can highlight an area but copy doesn't appear as an option and when i hit paste it only copies one tiny piece.

Hi Betsy thanks for posting your question in the community! I saw the support ticket you submitted and have responded there as well. Feel free to reply with questions on your support ticket or here in the community.

To see detailed steps to create a template check out this section of our Work with Templates article.

If you want to select multiple shapes — or a section — of your document hold the Shift key and select the elements you'd like to copy and paste. You can also click and drag your cursor over multiple shapes to select them. Right click and select Copy then right click again and select Paste or you can use keyboard shortcuts (these depend on what type of computer you're using. For example on Mac these are CMD+C to copy and CMD+V to paste).

I hope this helps!