Skip to main content

dragging message out of an activation box

I just installed lucid chart on to mini iPad - and for the life of me it doesn't let me drag a message out of a sequence diagram activation box.... any help?

Hi Dirk thanks for reaching out! Can you clarify what you're trying to do? Are you trying to remove the text from the sequence shape? Let me know!

Cheers Sara. I am currently working on a Sequence diagram 

On my Mac I can hover over an Activation shape and a red dot appears to allow me to drag a line out of the shape so I can send a message to another Activation (or itself). 

I can't work out how to do this on my mini iPad (since I can't hover over the Activation shape)

Dirk 

Are you working on the iOS app? If you are working on the app you should be able to drag the shape out. Let me know how it goes!

Sara I'm not quite getting what you don't understand from my question..

As I'm working on a mini ipad I am using the ios app not the browser and not the android app. 

And I don't want to 'drag the shape out' I want to send a message from the shape by means of dragging a line out of it and connecting that line to another entity. 

My previous response explains it quite clearly :)

Dirk

The activation shapes require that you draw a manual line to connect them in the iOS app.  You can connect other shapes in your chart to an activation shape by selecting the shape and clicking on the of the + icons that appear around a shape.  Our iOS app is currently limited in its functionality but we are working on full functionality.