Skip to main content

Hi 

Does LucidChart support input box or dropdown list to easily set conditional formatting? My intention is to make the conditional formatting function visible similar to how we make and use interactive buttons. I would like to key in a text value or choose a text value from a dropdown list and then display the output on a shape or display all shapes/objects that satisfy the condition.

Thank you.

Hi Jovic thanks for posting! If I've understood your question correctly- it sounds like you are looking for a way to quickly 'trigger' conditional formatting rules (for any shapes and objects that meet the specific condition) by typing a value into a shape or selecting a value from a drop-down list. If so- unfortunately this isn't currently supported in Lucidchart. However we're always looking for ways to improve. Would you mind adding your suggestion to our feature request form? Suggestions submitted via this form are passed directly to our product development team for their consideration.

In the meantime you could probably achieve something similar by combining formulas and conditional formatting. For example you could specify your condition based on a formula referencing a value in one particular shape (the LABE data reference described in this section of our Work with Formulas article could work well for this). By changing the referenced value in that shape you could 'trigger' the conditional formatting rule for whatever shapes it has been applied to. For more information I recommend checking out this section of our Conditional Formatting article. For more help with formulas please review our Work with Formulas article. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions. 

Hi Emma thanks for the feedback. Yes you understood correctly. I wanted to see if I can bring out the conditional formatting function into a container/shape so I could make it interactive for my audience. Will checkout the feature request form to share my insights and suggestions. Will also check the links that you have provided.