Skip to main content

We have a high security company that would like to use Lucid Chart On-prem with their Confluence instance. Can anyone verify if the On-prem edition makes contact with lucidchart.cmo for any reason?

Thanks

Hi Jim thanks for posting! Yes if you are using OnPrem there won't be any contact with lucidchart.com. Everything is stored within the plug-in and no diagram data ever leaves your Confluence instance. Hope this helps!

Hi Thanks for the response. Our customer is going to use the On-prem edition but will be blocking lucidchart.com to cover themselves. The only potential problem I see here is access to the help pages. Do you have a PDF copy of the Help or a User's Guide I can deploy to them?

Thanks

Hi

A follow up on the original issue. The customer is testing the On-prem edition and has this

"There’s a number of scripts in the onprem version that DO reach out to lucidchart.com. Since the scripts are minified they are hard to interpret but most seem to be to support.lucidchart.com:

It also looks like PDF generation is proxied out to lucidchart.com which is concerning"

I have asked for the tools and methods of how they are testing. Can you verify either of these?

Thanks
Jim

More from the customers testing

"I was just using the Browser developer tools logging all network requests to a file.

After I finished manually testing all the functionality I could find I did two things:

1. Parsed all confluence.ulalaunch.com requests for “lucidchart.com” and the associated IPs: 34.193.36.27 18.214.55.233 52.207.204.97 for the scripts that were used.

2. Stripped out all confluence.ulalaunch.com requests. The cloudfront requests were on the help documentation (inserting shapes what’s new etc). They primarily seemed to be images. Also requested from cloudfront was a “jsMinPDF.js” file which is a bit concerning as I would have thought all JS was stored locally on our server. The script that ran from the jsMinPDF.js was provided “confluence.ulalaunch.com” as the destination server for the request by the calling functions."

Thanks

Hi Jim for your first question no we don't have our Help Center content available in PDF form. For your customer's concerns our plug-in shouldn't be contacting lucidchart.com. So we'd like to take a closer look at their findings to determine whether this is the case. I am going to turn this post into a support ticket and I will be reaching out to you through email to look into this further.

If anyone else is encountering this issue please contact us here.

Great Thank You