Skip to main content

Multiple documents I’ve created in a team folder aren’t accessible to the team.

Additionally, I’ve tried creating a shareable link to “Lucid users at <org>” but that also doesn’t work.

The only way to grant access is to individually invite users in the same org to that document.

Any ideas?

Hi @jschaf

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community! The issue might be caused by user’s not being added as a collaborators on the Team Folder. Do you mind trying the following steps to adjust the folder’s sharing permissions? 

1. Navigate to the Lucid Home Page.
  2. From the left-side menu, select Documents.
  3. Select the team folders dropdown from the list.
  4. Locate the team folder and select the Sharing options icon.
    how-to-share-a-team-folder-with-collaborators.png
  5. In the modal that appears, select Manage in the bottom-right corner.
  6. Use the dropdown to adjust permissions or add individual users. 
    team-folder-share-modal-where-you-can-adjust-permissions-and-read-definitions.png
  7. Click Done.

Thank you, that worked. Notably, the UI is very different from your screenshots.

One thing that might be a bug: generating a shareable link for a document in a team folder doesn’t seem to work when sharing with the org.

Hi @jschaf

Thank you for the reply!  If you click on the Team folders tab, rather than the desired folder, you should be able to see the displayed UI in the photo below. 

The shareable link to the folder should work for sharing the team folder. However, it’s possible the documents in the folders that require permissions are owned by other users, who have set the sharing permissions to be different than the Team Folder’s. For example, if there is a document that is set to share with only people in the organization instead of Any Users at Lucid, the document will be locked to users outside of the organization even if they have access to the folder. 

I would recommend taking a look and editing the shareable link permissions on the documents you experience issues with.