Skip to main content

I want to share my board with my team and there are +20 people of different levels. Is there any way to share the board in viewing only mode without them needing to register for an account?

Only way I can see is by using Join ID but that unfortunately lets the user make edits to the board. Can I set a view only permission with the Join ID function?

Hey Yash

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community! So there are a couple of options for your team here:

1. You can use our Publish feature which will create a link to a PDF that can be shared to your teammates

or 2. You could also download the board as an image (PDF PNG etc.) and share with your teammates this way. 

Either of these options will generate a link that you can use to share with your team and would be view-only.

Hope this helps--please let me know if you have any questions!

Hi Philip 

Thanks for your response. I did try this already but I would like my team to see the notes I include within a certain shapes. In PDF they are not able to open these.  

Hi Yash

Thank you for clarifying! I actually think your initial thought of using JoinID would be best for this case. The user would still have the ability to see the document with the notes however without an account the user would not be able to edit the document in Lucidchart. If you are using JoinID with Lucidspark however the user will have the ability to edit as a Guest Collaborator. This will depend on the sharing permissions set forth by your Account Owner. 

If using Lucidchart joining with JoinID and no account should look something like this: 

You can see that the notes are viewable to the view-only user however they have no edit access.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions!