Skip to main content

Hi. I've tried to duplicate a chart a number of times without success. The new doc loses all of the text characters converting them to weird-looking objects (see here). Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? I'd rather not have to recreate an entire doc. 

Hi Will thanks for posting in the community! Sorry for the trouble you're experiencing while duplicating your document. The most common causes of text appearing as black boxes are:

• Poor internet connection. Lucidchart also works best through Google Chrome. Can you try opening your document in an Incognito Chrome window? If this doesn't help I would recommend attempting to access Lucidchart through another network.

• The document contains a font that you don't have in your Lucidchart account. Can you try selecting the black boxes and changing the font to something else in the toolbar at the top of the editor?

If the problem still remains after trying both of these troubleshooting steps please submit a ticket here so our support team can take a closer look. For anyone else with similar questions please begin by reviewing our Work with Text article from our Help Center and post any questions below!