Skip to main content

Hi guys. I have a  7 day Lucidchart free trial membership and if it were to expire would I lose all of my data? I made a mindmap with a lot of shapes and boxes which requires a membership if you wanted to exceed more than the limit. Would all of that progress be gone or will it still be saved? Please this is really urgent as my professor gave me this website to do my work with for my assignment. 

Hi

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! When your Lucid subscription or trial expires you will not lose any of your documents or work. However on a free account you will have a more limited set of features and will no longer have access to mind map features. In addition you will only be able to edit your three most recent documents. 

For more information on what features are available to free accounts you can reference this article from the Lucid Help Center. 

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

Hi, does this mean if we developed an org chart with a free trial, that we will still be able to edit it under the free trial? This is the only one we’ve created under the free trial. I just want to make sure we don’t lose the ability to edit it after. Thanks. 

Hi @lbuzzard,

Thanks for continuing this thread! Yes, you will still be able to edit your org chart within a free account. Please note, free accounts are limited to 60 objects per document. If your org chart exceeds this number of shapes, your edit abilities will be limited. 

@lbuzzard Thanks for this question! To clarify, your free trial will give you temporary access to the premium features corresponding to the trial type, as described here. If you choose to not continue with a premium account when the trial ends and your account reverts to “Free,” it will be subject to the limitations of a Free account. While Free accounts do have access to org charts and you can continue to edit it, there is also a limit of 60 objects per document and 250 mb of storage overall, so if your org chart exceeds these limits (or others listed in the article I linked), you will no longer be able to edit it. I hope this helps!