Skip to main content

Previously posted - still cannot get a very VERY simple formula to add a result into a shape in a diagram. 

As you can see my data table is SIMPLE. My formula is SIMPLE. Clearly there are a number of rows that displays text in the Progress Indicator column that match my formula (i.e. how many rows have the phrase 'ON TRACK' as the Progress Indicator). The answer by the way is 19 rows out of a total of 38 rows in the table. Lucid Chart gets the answer as '0'.  

Posted previously - followed advice and got nowhere. Weeks on and still stuck on trying to do a very very simple thing that should take less than a minute. I mean come on guys seriously my job is at stake here 

Hi Leon

Thanks for posting your question in the Community! In order for the formula to consider all data on the page you will need to add the formula to the page data instead of shape data. To do this open the contextual panel while in editing mode for the page and add the formula to Custom Data.

Your formula: =countif(DESCENDANTSthis."Progress Indicator"= 'On Track') should work correctly there.

If you'd like to visualize this value on your Lucidchart document you can click the three dot menu next to the data field and choose the T+ Insert Label Value as Text.

I hope this helps! Please feel free to continue this thread with any additional questions - and we'd be happy to assist you.

Excellent. 

Many thanks. Case Solved.  

Hi Leon

I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue. Let us know as any other questions come up - we'd love to support you with your projects!

Hi! I’m Micah from Lucid’s community team. 👋 I thought you, and any others who might come across this topic in the future, might be interested in Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!