Skip to main content

I hope to build an Org chart with “shapes” for each employee that contain more information than their name, job title, and photo. There is a software called AgentNoon which allows each person’s spot in an org chart to reflect their: Full name, role, employee ID. Email, status, location

Reports to, with collapsible view
Department, with notes accessible about: level, performance, project, skill, source

Current annual salary, bonus/variable comp, current hourly pay rate, full/part time

Hire date, termination date

Below is an image from a different software’s org chart. Can I make a shape in Lucid chart that has lots of information? Or at least links to it?

Hi @Maddie

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community! You can import a data set into an Org Chart by following the instructions in this Help Center article. Once the data is imported, you can edit the shapes to show the details you would like. 

Every day this week I have tried to import data with an excel spreadsheet or Google sheets, and Lucid chart will not automatically integrate the data into shapes. I can see my spreadsheet on “data panel”. I cannot get it into a chart or a chart template.

Please help.

I have followed all of the steps on the help article.

Thank you.

Hi @Maddie

Could you try adding the Org Chart shapes to your document and replacing the data set? 

If that does not resolve the issue, could you make sure that your data is set up correctly by following the steps in this Help Center article and then attempt to replace the data again?