Skip to main content

A few months ago I opened a support ticket because the reaction of the LucidChart product to my mouse movements was to scroll off of my area of focus whenever I tried to scroll over to change tool or up to reach a menu. This behavior was terribly frustrating and I’d stopped using the Lucid app for a while because of it. I became determined to figure it out and the support suggestion was to change my navigation settings - a new area of the product I was unfamiliar with that had chosen an unproductive pre-set for my usage. I changed the setting after the support ticket a few weeks ago and things seemed to work better. I returned to Lucid yesterday to start a big project and what I found is that both trackpad and mouse mode now result in scrolling off the screen when I try to reach for a tool or the file menu. To make matters worse the interpretation of my mouse finger motions - I use an apple mouse on a powerbook - now zoom in and out instead of scrolling. These changes to your product have made your product - a favorite of mine - functionally unusable and frustrating beyond belief. What’s the direction of this development? What sort of testing are you doing or not doing that is resulting in this experience - which seems to be a common one from the forums? 

Hi @pdelucena, thanks for posting in the community and our apologies for the trouble you’ve been experiencing. I am happy to personally support you in order to resolve this issue.

Do you mind testing a couple troubleshooting steps to help us better understand the root cause of what may be going on? 

• First, can you open your document in a Google Chrome incognito browser to see if this resolves the issue? We’ve seen this odd scrolling behavior happen with certain browsers, and this will help us understand if the problem is related to your browser. Lucid products are optimized for Google Chrome, so if you’re still seeing this issue in Google Chrome, that’s helpful to know. 
  • Second, can you test to see if this is happening in multiple documents or just a specific one? It will help us to understanding if this is related to your account or just a certain document.
  • Lastly, can you test this on a different device or computer? Occasionally a device may need to be restarted to resolve odd behaviors. If the issue persists on a different device, please let me know. 

Thanks for your patience and again, our apologies that you’ve been experiencing this for an extended period of time. That’s not the intended experience, and I’d love to help you get to the bottom of this to resolve it for good! 

Addie,

Thank you for getting back to me, I appreciate it. 

The scrolling off of the screen issue seems to go away when I open LucidChart with the same file in Incognito mode, specifically using the Trackpad navigation mode setting. The mouse navigation mode setting doesn’t work too well with the apple mouse because touch scrolling is interpreted as zooming in and out. How do I move on from having to use incognito mode? Does that just mean I need to flush my cache?

Paul

Hi Paul, thanks for trying those troubleshooting steps! If your issue is no longer occurring with an incognito window, this means that it was likely caused by your browser cookies or cache, your browser is out of date, or even a browser extension interference.

I recommend first checking to see if your browser is up to date. Then, try clearing your cache and cookies in a regular browsing session and see if that resolves the issue. If the issue persists, I also recommend disabling your extensions one by one until you determine which extension is causing the issue. Apologies for the trouble here - but hopefully it puts the problem to rest for good. Thanks for your help and patience!