Skip to main content

I have had my team create all of our diagrams using 8.5x11 page size under Page Settings. When I insert them using the Microsoft Word add-on the inserted diagrams are not even close to filling the width of the page. I would at least expect the diagrams to be from margin to margin. This was one of the first complaints that my client had when reviewing my document. Is there a setting that I need to change to make the diagrams properly fit the page?

Update: This problem occurs when exporting to a PDF as well. If I export as "Crop to content" it looks perfect on-screen but in the PDF it is not full page width and it is skewed to the right with a lot of white-space on the left.

If I use the PDF exports "Set Page Size" option no matter what page size I choose the diagram has a lot of white space on both sides. For 8.5x11 it appears to be 1 1/2 inches on each side. So there are 3 inches of waisted space.

Hi

Thanks for posting in our community! The Microsoft Word add-on is primarily meant to insert PNGs and it does not take page settings into account.

However if you are experiencing issues when doing normal exporting and crop to content can you please submit a support ticket by emailing support@lucidchart.com.

Thanks!