Solved

Deleting a user and how it impacts access to documents in a team folder

• 14 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Use case #1: A user is part of the Technology group in Lucid.  The user got hired in a different department in the organization so an admin is removing them from the Technology group and are adding them to a different Lucid group in the organization.  The Technology group is a collaborator on the Technology Team Folder.  The user had created some documents in this Technology Team Folder.  When the user is removed from the Technology group and added to a different group, are the documents this user created in the Technology Team Folder still accessible by Technology Group Members?

Use case #2: A user is part of the Technology group in Lucid.  The user is retiring so an admin is deleting them from our Lucid account.   The Technology group is a collaborator on the Technology Team Folder.  The user had created some documents in this Technology Team Folder.  When the user is deleted from the Lucid account, are the documents this user created in the Technology Team Folder still accessible by Technology Group Members?

icon

Best answer by Amelia W 17 May 2024, 19:16

View original

Comments

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Toni, thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! I apologize for the delay here. 

1. When a user is moved to another group, the previous group members will not lose access unless the document owner removes it. 
  1. When a user is deleted from your account, the admin will be able to transfer their documents to another user on the account, but regardless of who they transfer to, the documents will still be accessible to Technology group members. In this case, I would recommend that the admin transfer them to a user that is a part of the Technology group to ensure that group access is not disrupted.

If any documents are not moved correctly following these changes, please note that your admin can transfer documents as needed. Feel free to review our Lucid admin panel: Documents and folders article from the Lucid Help Center for more information on how to manage and transfer documents within your account. Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Badge +1

@Amelia W Thanks for responding.  I have a few follow-up questions.

1. You’re saying that when a user is removed from the technology group, then:
    1.  Their documents will still be accessible in the technology team folder, correct?
    2. They wouldn’t have access to delete any of their documents from the technology team folder unless they were added as a collaborator to the folder, correct?
  2. When a user is deleted from the account, you’re saying their documents must:
    1. Be transferred to another user to still be accessible in the technology team folder, correct?
    2. The documents don’t need to be transferred to a technology group member to still be accessible in the technology team folder, but it’s recommended, correct?
Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Toni,

1. That’s correct, when a user is removed from the technology group, their documents will still be accessible in the technology team folder. However, they would be able to delete the documents they own from the folder, as they are given access to folder as a user, rather than as a member of the group.
  2. Yes, when a user is deleted, your admin will be prompted to transfer their documents to another user. If they are transferred to a user that is not currently a part of the group, then the user would gain access to the Technology group folder. Users that own documents in a group team folder are given individual access to the folder after they are removed from the group. For that reason, I would recommend transferring their documents to a user in the Technology group.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Badge +1

@Amelia W Thank you for your response.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

@Toni, Of course, I’m glad I could help! Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do for you.