Skip to main content

Deleted document cannot be found in trash

• 15 September 2017
  • 1 reply

Hi I had wrongly deleted a document. I understand from another post that I should see it in my trash folder but it's not there. Am I missing anything? I'm assuming that's the only trash there is. Please help...really need the file. Thanks

Hey Liza 

Thanks for reaching out! If you delete a doc it should remain in your trash for 7 days. If you think deleted it within the past 7 days it may be hiding somewhere else in your account or there may be something else going on. I am happy to help you search for your file but can you first follow a few simple steps for me?

• The document(s) may still be there. Can you double check that you're in the correct account? Sometimes users will use single sign on while signed into a different email account which can produce errors. I suggest that you make sure you've checked any and all Lucidchart accounts that might be under your email address(es). We would be happy to check any email addresses in our system that you are unsure of.

• It is easy to accidentally delete documents. Could you please check that the documents aren’t in your trash?

• If the documents were shared with you and now you no longer see them in your account it is possible that whoever shared it with you rescinded your access. We would recommend reaching out to whoever owns the document to have them re-share it with you.

• Your documents might be hiding in your browser history. If you carefully look through your browser history when you last worked on the document you might be able to find it. If you are able to find it please send us the URL and that could help us track it down.

If none of these options work can you please fill out a contact support form and include any information you have about the document in question?

Thanks in advance!