Skip to main content
Solved

Delete row from table in Lucidchart

• 28 May 2019
  • 7 replies

Hi

I've added a table using the shapes now I need to delete one of the rows.

How do I do this?

Hi Maggie

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community! You can adjust the number of rows in your table by clicking on the table and then, in the Table panel on the right side of the editor,  change the number of rows. Alternatively, you can select a cell in the row you want to delete and choose the Delete button. 

Feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions!

what if you want to delete a row in the middle of your table? clicking the number takes it away from the bottom

Hi Lynn

Thanks for posting! To delete a row in the middle of your table, select a cell within that row, then click Delete

I want to remove a row from an existing table but I don't know how to get to the point that shows me # of Rows and columns.  

Hi Amanda

Thanks for posting. When you click on a table shape, the Table panel should open on the right side of the editor!

I’m trying to delete a blank row in a table right now.

There’s no way to select a single cell, unless there are contents in the cell. And then it only deletes the contents, I’m still left with a blank row in the table.

Deleting rows in the table layout field simply starts by deleting the last row… and all of its data.

So, I’m stuck having to migrate data with copy/ paste, one cell at a time. (I tried to select multiple rows, like I would in excel, and copy paste that way. Instead, it dumped all of that data into a single cell.)

Help?

Hi @JAW

Thank you for your post! While you cannot delete a row in the middle of a table, you can alternatively merge two cells. Please note that when merging a cell, the top cell’s information will display in the merged cell.