Skip to main content

Hi how can you remove comments? We have diagrams that we have got comments on from internally. Now it is time for the customer to review and add comments. However they can see all our comments as well. Is there a way to hide or delete the comments our internal team have done so our client cannot see them? We have marked them resolved but the client can change Active to resolved and see the comments.

Thanks

Hi Chris! To delete one of your own comments select or hover over the comment in the right context panel. Then hover over the initials on the comment and you'll see them turn into a trash icon. Click and the comment will be deleted. Please note that you cannot delete others' comments so each user will have to delete their own comment. I hope this helps!

There are no initials so how do I delete this?

Hi Shelley

Thanks for your post. There do not appear to be any comments in the "Resolved" section of the screenshot you've attached. You'll need to delete comments while they're in the "Active" section. Megan's instructions above still accurately describe the flow of this action although some of the UI has been changed slightly. 

I guess the UI has changed because I can't find the context panel to  be able to delete a comment. Can you give an example with the current (May 29 2021) UI? 

Hi Tim

Thanks for continuing this thread! The context panel can be found by clicking the 'Comments' icon next to 'Present' on the top right corner. 

You could also delete comments associated with objects by clicking on the comment icon next to the shape. Select the comment and click the three dots next to it to see the options to edit or delete. Please note that you can only delete comments made by you.

You can find more information about commenting in this this section of the Collaborate and Share article in our Help Center. Hope this helps!

What if the shape on which the comment was posted was deleted by the flow owner.
The comment still shows up as resolved but when I try to unresolve it (to eventually delete it) it doesnt allow me to do so.

Hello Vikash 

Thank you for your post!

You are given the ability to either resolve the thread or leave it unresolved for the comment however deleting comments made by others is not possible so each user will need to delete their own comments. 

I hope this information is helpful!

The comment is actually made by me and I am trying to resolve it.

The catch is I commented on a particular process step within LucidChart Model and the modeler deleted the process step. However when I click on comments LUCID Chart still shows my comment and then when I try to un-resolve it it says the process step was deleted and does not let me proceed with the deletion.

Hello Vikash 

Thank you for the additional details! I was able to reproduce the issue described and have reported this to our development team. I will be sure to update this thread as soon as more information is made available to me. 

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.