Skip to main content

Videos of LucidChart's Microsoft integration show fully active diagrams with the ability to switch between pages and use layers. That is one of the main reasons why I chose Lucidchart in the first place. Now my team has created diagrams that we need to deliver to our client. When I insert them into Word they are just dead images. They don't even have the the layers that we created. Is this behaving as expected?

The videos just gloss over Word and Excel integration after showing fully functioning PowerPoint integration. This would lead any viewers to assume that the behavior is the same for each of them.

Hi Evolvers thanks for posting in the Community. Unfortunately our add-ons for Microsoft Word and Excel don't currently support interacting with the embedded diagram. This is currently only available in our add-on for Powerpoint as you might have seen in our 'Make a Diagram in Microsoft Office' video. I apologize for any confusion this might have caused.

However we would love to hear your feedback on this. If you would like to see full interactivity in diagrams embedded in Word and Excel would you mind adding your thoughts to our feature request form? This feedback goes directly to our product development team so filling this in is the best way to promote a feature change you wish to see.