Skip to main content

I created a google sheets so I can be able to refresh the data in Lucidchart instead of replacing but when I make a change in the google sheet it does not populate in the org chart Im not sure what Im doing wrong. Can anyone help? 

Hey Darlene

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community! Within the right contextual panel of the Org Chart you will see the data tab. You will need to click refresh dataset for the Org Chart to populate with the new data you've implemented. I'm including a Lucid Help Desk article on Org Charts that should also help you learn about how to use data in org charts.

d5PoJdvZ2paf8PZxJh4OjA.png

If this does not work for you or if you have any other questions please follow up in the thread so we can take a closer look. Cheers!

To clarify in the data panel for data linking I see that my data refreshes from Google Sheets automatically. However this does not update the actual chart. Is that correct?  Will it update the data link but not the actual chart?  I have to hit Refresh Dataset on the chart itself?

Hi Gene 

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! Yes - that is correct. Your data will refresh from Google Sheets automatically. However this does not update the actual Org Chart. You will need to select "Refresh Dataset" to reflect the updates made in your Google Sheet.

Thanks again for posting!