Skip to main content

I have an Excel spreadsheet which has a column called versions.  I am trying to display the version number outside of the pie chart and display a breakdown of the different version number counts in the pie chart.  Can anyone help me out with this?

Good afternoon,

I think I was able to create what you are wanting. I created a google spreadsheet based on my interpretation of what you described, and linked that data. Then I used conditional formatting and dynamic shapes with formulas to get the outcome it sounds like you are describing. I used the FIELDLOOKUP formula in both the conditional formatting and the dynamic shape data field. Here are some screenshots/instructions of how I set that up. Let me know if this is what you had in mind. 

Here is what my data set looks like:

Then I added a dynamic shape (in this case I searched the shapes for “pie chart” and it showed me the dynamic shape library which I picked the pie chart from that library).

Next I went to conditional formatting and created a rule (see screenshot for the settings I used to get the badge icon to reference the version) with this formula:

=FIELDLOOKUP("Sheet1", "version", "a")

Then I used a similar formula within the dynamic shape to reference my data set. I started by selecting my dynamic shape (pie chart) then in the right hand panel clicked on data, then in the data set reflected I clicked on the “value” field and typed the equal sign (=) to begin entering a formula. The following is the formula I added to reference my data set. (see screenshot for reference as well). 

=FIELDLOOKUP("Sheet1", "value1", "a")

I hope this is what you were looking for!