Skip to main content

Hey

I want to generate a genealogy chart but using data from a Google sheet as shown here:

https://d2slcw3kip6qmk.cloudfront.net/marketing/pages/consideration-page/Tree-Chart/family-tree-chart-collaborate-with-family-members.png

Is that possible?

Bonus questions:

1. If I have updated the google sheet can I trigger lucid chart to update remotely via the api?

2. Can I export the sheet via the api (like get an SVG version of it)?

Many thanks

Joe

Hi Joe

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community! You can link data from a Google Sheet to most Lucidchart diagrams including a Genealogy chart! For instructions on linking data please take a look at the Data Linking article on the Lucidchart Help Center. 

In response to your bonus questions any linked Google Sheet will update automatically every thirty seconds but you can force updates when needed as well! Additionally you can export any diagram in SVG format. To do so open your document click 'File' 'Export' and 'SVG'. 

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions!

Hi! Updating this thread with exciting news - we've recently launched Lucid for Developers a community space dedicated to supporting and connecting our users working with the Lucid API and our most technical features.

In this section the developers actually building Lucid’s APIs will be available to answer your most technical questions just like this one. Furthermore here we plan to announce new endpoints tools and guides to help you have the best possible experience developing on Lucid’s APIs. You can browse existing posts connect with other users with similar questions and goals and ask questions of your own by creating a new post or leaving a comment. Thank you and we're excited to hear from you!

Hi! 👋 Jumping in here because I think you and others who might come across this post may be interested in Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!