Skip to main content

Hi Lucidchart

I am trying to create a project plan using the Gantt Chart template. I want to be able to link this to an excel spreadsheet where I record project/task activity so that I can update the gantt automatically without having to create a new one all the time. I am capturing task name start/finish date % complete of activity and status i.e in progress etc.

Is this possible please?

Thanks

Keith D

Hi Keith 

Thanks for reaching out! Data linking does support auto-update but this is only possible if your diagram is linked to a Google Sheet. When you are using a CSV or excel spreadsheet you will have to manually replace the dataset in order for the updates to push to Lucidchart. I hope this helps! Please see our Data Linking Help Center article for more information and let us know if you have any further questions. 

Hi Annika

Thank you very much for the information. I'll give linking to a Google sheet a go and comeback if I have any issues. 

Regards

Keith

Is data linking possible for Gantt Charts? I couldn't find that feature.

Hi Dhruv 

Thanks for posting on the community! you can link data to the shapes on Gantt Charts by using dynamic shapes. To learn how to use these dynamic shapes please take a look at the Data Linking article found in our Help Center. 

If I have misunderstood you please reach out again! Hope this helps!

that article no longer exists.

Hi @j15marti, apologies! I’ve updated the link to that article above and will include it again here for your convenience. 

Hi! 👋 Jumping in here because I think you and others who might come across this post may be interested in Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!