Skip to main content

Heres what would be cool:

Having a google sheets document data-linked to my lucidchart diagram.

Having my lucidchart diagram embedded into cloud-based Confluence (atlassian)

If you update google sheets it should sync changes over to the lucidchart diagram in confluence.

Here's what happens:

I update google sheets.

Nothing happens in confluence

The only way it seems I can get the document to run a sync on the linked dataset (so that the changes propogate to confluence) from google sheets is to open. Is there a background refresh that could happen to achieve what I need?

Notes:

Confluence embedded diagram is set to auto refresh. It is however I don't think that without the lucidchart diagram open the diagram will update the data set. 

Under the data-linking dataset configuration auto refresh is set to 30 seconds. Again I don't think this takes affect until the page is actually open for editing in the lucidchart portal

Thoughts?

Hi Jakson 

Thanks for reaching out! You are correct you will need to have the Lucidchart editor open in order to sync changes from your dataset to your embedded diagram in Confluence. If you would like to see this functionality change can you please fill out a feature request form

Thanks and please let me know if you have any further questions. 

Hi Team

I am trying to update the data in a pre-existing template. Even after I refresh the data is not reflecting the changes. I have left the editor open and tried refreshing after a few minutes. Thoughts?

Best

Harini

Hi Harini just to confirm is this also having to do with Confluence or is this just a diagram with linked data and the refresh isn't working? If the issue is still occurring could you submit a support ticket here and include the diagram URL and the data source spreadsheet so we can take a closer look? Thanks!