Solved

Data is imported into org chart but Data is not linked

• 1 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I can import data from a google sheet and a chart is made automatically.

The data panel says “no linked data.” How do I link the google sheet so things refresh automatically? 

How do I get help from a live person instead of from an article?

icon

Best answer by Leianne C 3 June 2024, 09:37

View original

Comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Maddie, thank you for posting in the community! Would you mind confirming if you’re trying to create an org chart or link data to your document? If possible would you mind sharing a screenshot of where you’re seeing the ‘no linked data’ message? This will help us take a closer look. 

Lucidchart supports two data-linking functionalities. The first is specific for org-charts, which is managed with the right panel-you can find more information in this section of our Help Center article.

The second, simply called our "Data Linking" tool and as described in this article, is intended for linking any Google Sheet, Excel, or CSV data source and visualizing it in any type of diagram (not pre-structured and automatically-created like an org chart).

If you have already created an Org Chart by uploading a dataset, you should be able to double click on the chart to enter the org chart editing mode and manage your data. You will know that you have entered the edit mode when the Org Chart context panel pops up on the right-hand side.

I hope this helps! Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.