Skip to main content
Solved

Custom colors not saving

• 17 July 2024
  • 1 reply

If I open the “fill color” and pin it to my screen, I should be able use use the (+) to save or create a palette of colors for quick use/reference. However, this (+) hasn’t worked for more than a year. I’ve been waiting for someone to fix it. It’s really helpful to be able to quickly select from a small list of either selected or custom colors. I know I can copy format. But sometimes I just want a consistent color, not the whole format. Can this please be fixed.

Comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi Steve,

I’d like to better understand the problem you’re experiencing. When I pin the “fill color” and click the (+) and choose a custom color, it adds the custom color to my palette. I do notice that the following happen:

1. Custom colors do not stay if they are deselected and no shape on the canvas is using that color.
  2. Custom colors do not carry over between documents.

Is one of those the problem you are experiencing? Or does nothing happen when you click the plus? If nothing happens, do you get any errors in the web console when you click it? (Open the web console with [ctrl + shift + k], then click the button, and see if anything new appears.) Or is the problem something else?