Skip to main content

I want to make a basic shape of a rectangle with some data inside it.  I've done that and copied the shape multiple times but now I realize that I want to make some changes to the text fields in the rectangle.  I want the same change for all of the shapes.  Currently I would need to edit all of the shapes in my diagram to make the changes.  Is there a way that I can make a new shape with the text fields / data fields that I'm looking for and save it so that if I make changes I just have to change the original shape?

Hi Mike

Thanks for posting in the community! If the text you're hoping to change is the same across all shapes you can use the Find and Replace feature to change the text in each shape at once. To access this feature press 'Control' and 'F' if using Windows or 'Command' and 'F' if using a Mac. In the 'Replace with' field type in the new text. Unfortunately there is not one easy command or method to change different text fields in multiple shapes at once. My apologies for any inconvenience that causes. If you have any additional questions please let me know!