Skip to main content

We're looking to use Lucidchart for basic wireframing and would like to create our own set of shapes for designers to use.

We have attempted this by creating a custom shape library from the basic shapes provided; however grouped shapes do not work well when resized. To use the shapes designers would have to open the groups and edit each sub-shape individually adding significant cognitive load.

As developers we would like to be able to define or code our own smart shapes which scale sub-shapes intelligently and have control points to adjust parameters - like many of Lc's in-built shapes do.

Is that at all possible?

Hi Alex

Thanks for posting in the Community!

I'm afraid what you are trying to do is not currently supported in Lucidchart I'm sorry!

Our Product Development Team is always on the lookout for feedback and feature request as it helps them understand better what users need. I would highly recommend sending your idea through this feature request form.

As a growing company we take feedback very seriously as we are constantly looking for ways to improve and adapt our products to users' needs. 

Thanks for your request!