Skip to main content

I would like to create a lucidchart on a specific page using the Confluence REST API how could I achieve this? I would need the storage format of the lucidchart macro 

See for example the following example for a storage format of a jira chart: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF55/JIRA+Chart+Macro

Roy

We have built out the macro format to insert diagrams.  If you would like to operate outside of that prebuilt macro you can use Confluence API instructions and our Document API to achieve this.  Documentation for the Lucidchart retrieve/create document API can be found here.

Karsten

I'm not sure if you can completely follow what I want to do. There is an API in confluence to create pages from sort of HTML. Below is an example on how this kind of page would look like. What I would need is the macro values that I have to fill in to make the page contain a Lucidchart diagram

Example for the confluence rest api:

<div id="preamble">
<div class="sectionbody">
<p>This is an example page in Confluence.</p>
</div>
</div>
<h1>Tooltips</h1><ac:structured-macro ac:name="info"><ac:rich-text-body><p>this is a note</p></ac:rich-text-body></ac:structured-macro>
<ac:structured-macro ac:name="info"><ac:parameter ac:name="title">Note Title</ac:parameter><ac:rich-text-body><p>this note has a title</p></ac:rich-text-body></ac:structured-macro>
<h1>Source code</h1><p>Source from adoc file:</p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:name="code"><ac:parameter ac:name="language">java</ac:parameter><ac:plain-text-body><![CDATA[public class MyCode {
// comment
}]]></ac:plain-text-body></ac:structured-macro>
<p>Source from external java file using variables for source dir:</p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:name="code"><ac:parameter ac:name="language">java</ac:parameter><ac:plain-text-body><![CDATA[ // some code }]]></ac:plain-text-body></ac:structured-macro>

Roy

It might make sense to add an embedded document using our HTML iFrame code as the source rather than the Confluence REST API.   See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF55/HTML+Macro for context.  The current Lucidchart for Jira macro will let you insert a diagram into a JIRA issue so I am still confused about what you are trying to do as it seems like you are trying to do something that has pre-built functionality.  

Hi! Updating this thread with exciting news - we've recently launched Lucid for Developers a community space dedicated to supporting and connecting our users working with the Lucid API and our most technical features.

In this section the developers actually building Lucid’s APIs will be available to answer your most technical questions just like this one. Furthermore here we plan to announce new endpoints tools and guides to help you have the best possible experience developing on Lucid’s APIs. You can browse existing posts connect with other users with similar questions and goals and ask questions of your own by creating a new post or leaving a comment. Thank you and we're excited to hear from you!