Solved

Creating Custom Rack Shapes for Audio Products with Standard RU Sizes

• 26 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to create custom rack shapes that adhere to standard RU sizes for my audio equipment setup. Specifically, I want to include various audio products such as power amplifiers, audio sources, wireless microphones, audio patch panels, and audio connectors.

Some of these products use half-size rack server units, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to design a rack that accommodates both full-size and half-size equipment.

My goals are:

1. Standard RU Sizes: Ensure the rack conforms to standard RU sizes.
  2. Custom Shapes: Design custom shapes that fit my specific audio products.
  3. Mixed Sizes: Include both full-size and half-size rack units in the design.

Questions:

• What tools or software do you recommend for designing custom rack shapes?
  • Are there any best practices or guidelines for integrating half-size rack units with standard full-size units?
  • Any tips or resources for ensuring proper ventilation and accessibility in a custom rack setup?

Thanks in advance for your advice and recommendations!

icon

Best answer by Leianne C 27 June 2024, 08:14

View original

Comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @judywatsonn, thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! Lucid has a shape library with shapes for server rack diagrams which are not vendor-specific. You can find this by clicking the blue ‘More Shapes’ button and searching for server racks. 

However,  if you have image files of the specific server rack shapes you’d like to use in your document, you can upload them into Lucidchart to create custom shapes and shape libraries.

I recommend checking out the following Help Center articles for some more information: 

I hope this helps! Feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions :)