Skip to main content

I would like to create a shareable link that opens a new chart from a template.  Sharing the link from a template just opens the template it does not create new from template.  The Work with Templates page does not address this as you have to select "New from Template" option it is not a URL that can be shared.

Is there a way to generate a link that creates new from template that I can share?

Hi @stephen c thanks for posting in the Community! You can create a sharable link that will automatically create a new copy of your document by following these steps:

1. Replace "edit" at the end of the document URL with "editNew" (please see this Community Post for more information)
  2. Send the URL. When the recipient clicks on the link it will open a copy of the document.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Is there a way to do this without publishing publicly?  This is a corporate template and not something that can be shared outside the organization.

All - this was solved by just changing the link to the document with "editNew".  I did not need to publish the document.

Thank you for your support and help!

Hi @stephen c thank you for sharing that update and pointing that out! I'm glad to hear you were able to create a URL that creates new. 

I double checked the steps and can confirm that changing the document URL to "editNew" will allow users to create a new document from that link. This will not require publishing the document - I have also edited the official response above to reflect this. 

Thank you again and sorry for the confusion. Feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions!