Skip to main content

Hello i am looking to create a pyramid diagram.  

This would be a pyramid diagram often called a family pyramid or customer oriented pyramid chart.  where each level can be colored differently and separated from other items.  i can not find a way to do this in lucid other than stacking pyramids and the results of this have been extremely poor.  Any help here?  Seems to be a common chart in other applications.

Hi there

Thanks for reaching out in the community. We do not have the template to create a pyramid diagram but it is still possible to create a pyramid diagram. The way you can do this is by importing custom shapes into Lucidchart (We have the triangle but you can import the trapezoids for the lower layers)  and using them to build the pyramid diagram. Here is a help center article that will teach you how to import custom shapes. I hope this helps. 

Hello I found this as I was working on creating my own pyramid!

The flex polygon shape can also be used to make trapezoids.

I found it easiest though to use multiple triangles as the background and then adding transparent text blocks above to add the text.

Hi everyone! Just wanted to jump in here to share that Lucid now has a standard pyramid template! The template can be found here. If you are interested in learning more about how to use templates, check out our Start with a template article from the Lucid help center. You can explore all our templates in the template gallery or in the Lucidchart or Lucidspark editor.