Skip to main content

I am documenting our "as is" process map and plan need to create a project plan for areas of improvement (people process and technology). I can see that you can add layers for new processes but I need to turn this into a project plan. How would you recommend that I do this.

Hi Christopher Thanks for reaching out on the Lucidchart Community! We have several articles that explain options for Project Planning. Please check out Lucidchart for Project Planning Project Planning Steps and Four Diagrams to Streamline Project Planning for tips and tricks on creating project plans! If you have any specific questions after looking through those resources please post them here and I will be happy to help.

Hi Shanna thanks for the suggestion and the links which I have reviewed. However this does not solve the problem. I do not want to create a Project Plan in Lucidcharts. What I want to do is to produce a list of actions from the Process Maps which I can then turn into a project plan which I will manage outside of Lucidcharts. However I need to be able to link the action items to the various steps in the process maps. I could do this by numbering each step or is there another way? Thanks Chris

Hi Christopher

Can you please clarify if you are trying to create a list outside of Lucidchart based on the diagram created within Lucidchart? If this is your intended function unfortunately it is not possible to export your diagram into a list of steps. If I am misunderstanding what you mean can you can please provide a screenshot of what you are trying to do so that I can better understand your use case? It sounds like you might be interesting in pairing external data with your Lucidchart diagram in which case please take a moment to review our Make Your Diagrams Dynamic with Data Linking article. Hope this helps!