Skip to main content

Hi I have a diagram with many shapes which are linked to various data objects in a Google Sheet. A colleague would like a copy of the file I'm working on to use for their own purposes so what is required is a copy of the Lucidchart diagram and a copy of the Google Sheet file I'm using.

I've created a copy of the diagram and a copy of my Google Sheet but is there an easy way of me updating which Google Sheet the copied diagram refers to? All tab names/data fields are identical it is just the file name/unique URL which is changing so ideally I'd like to just point the copied Lucidchart diagram at the copied Google Sheet and avoid manually recreating all the data associations. Is this possible?

Hi Richard

Thanks for reaching out on Lucidchart Community!

To import Google Sheets into diagrams you do have to manually import the document into Lucidchart. There is unfortunately not currently a way to import the data in another way. If this is something you'd like to see in the future please submit your request in our Feature Request form.  Feature requests will be passed onto the product team which may impact future roadmaps. Thanks for helping us make Lucidchart better!

For anyone looking for instructions on importing Google Sheet data into a Lucidchart diagram please check out Link Google Sheet Excel or CSV Data To Lucidchart Diagrams.