Skip to main content

I am new to Lucid Chart.  I want to create a Heat Map using data imported from another source. Does anyone have experience in formatting data to import to make a business risk Heat Map? #heatmap #data

Hi Seth

Welcome to the Lucidchart Community! Thanks for posting here! You can create Heat maps in Lucidchart by using templates. To access templates you can do so from the Documents Page or from within the document. For more steps on how to do this please have a look at the Work with Templates Help center article. From the Templates Gallery you can search "Heat maps" and that should give you some different template options. 

If you would like to import data from other sources the Link Google Sheet Excel or CSV Data to Lucidchart Diagrams article will be helpful to you. You can upload a data set visualize and manipulate it with any shapes as well as refresh and overlay new data. However do note that data linking is a feature exclusive to enterprise subscriptions. 

If you have any further questions please let me know! I hope this helps. 

Hi! I’m Micah from Lucid’s community team. 👋 I thought you, and any others who might come across this topic in the future, might be interested in Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!