Skip to main content
We are wondering if there is a way to set up a custom template or conditional formatting or something like it in a document where they will import org chart data and it will already take on all the formatting/styling that they want automatically. Right now they import data but then they/I have to spend hours sometimes applying the formatting and styling they need for each chart one by one manually. They have a specific fill color for shapes and a specific height for shapes and text size inside shapes and role fields and order of role fields in the shapes... and horizontal/vertical spacing. I have a feeling this or something like it is possible but not sure the best most efficient way to make it happen in your software. The goal is to import org chart data and have no clean up or virtually no clean up needed. Any reduction in work hours to clean org charts is also good. 

Also we want to know if you can change text font/color/boldness/size of the 'role fields' if you choose to show them in an org chart shapes. I could not find an article on this or a way to do it myself. If it's impossible that's ok for now just wanting to determine if it's possible. 

Hi Meghan

Thanks for posting on the community! If you are looking to change all of the shape's sizes colors and text size simply select the entire org chart instead of the individual employee shapes and change the formatting.

GvuVP_2l5tJJ7mfrd1O7oA.gif

If you are looking to style these shapes individually you can select the multiple shapes by CTRL + click on each shape you would like to format.

6H-_Z65mgyBeSQxdtglnYQ.gif

You can also use our Conditional Formatting feature to set rules that would apply styling to certain shapes. To learn more take a look at the Conditional Formatting article in our Help Center.

As for styling the font of the 'role fields' you should be able to change these styles in the shape when you choose to show them.

If I misunderstood or did not completely answer your question please reach out again!

Hi! I’m Micah from Lucid’s community team. 👋 I thought you, and any others who might come across this topic in the future, might be interested in Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!