Skip to main content

Missing symbols how do I create custom symbols or how can I add new symbols?

Thank you

Hello Rafael, thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! What shapes are you missing? 

If you would like to add symbols to your document click on the magnifying glass icon in the top corner of the shape toolbar on the left (I have attached a photo for reference).

6-3rTLfbdfEbLbNnuq4t6A.png

Once you click on that you can search for what you need in the search bar. Then you will see symbols according to your search. 

SWThBKf4DXVAcubOEASYzQ.png

Please let me know if this isn't what you're looking for/ if you need more guidance!

Sami

The symbols missing are from the P&ID category.

Some of the ones missing are: the Motorized Three-way valve Flexible Hose some filters and strainers. etc

Hello Rafael

Thank you for clarifying! Although we do not have some of the symbols from the P&ID category you are looking for there are ways to make those symbols and store them as shapes in your customized shapes library. I will show you how to do this through picture examples. To make a motorized three-way valve add three arrows to your page and organize them in the way you want your three-way valve to look. I changed the arrow head style to be empty filled. You can also adjust the px setting (how thick the line is) at the top panel as well.

Once you create the symbol you are look for highlight it and click "arrange">>"group".

This will make it so the shapes act as one object. Once you do this right click on the new grouped shape and select "add to custom shape library". You will then be prompted to add it to a new or existing library.

I added mine to "New Library" (you can always change the name of it later).  Once that's added you will be asked to name your shape.

After you finish this it should pop up on the left hand panel where are your shapes are but if it doesn't that means you have to select that shape library to be displayed. You can do this by clicking on the gray "+Shapes" button in the left panel and then clicking "My Shapes" under the section of "Standard Shape Libraries". You can then rename your libraries and select which ones you want to be displayed on your left hand shape panel.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you need more assistance with this or if you have any addition questions/concerns.