Skip to main content

I cannot CMD+C then CMD+V in a document it does nothing. When I try to do it via the menu it says I need the Chrome app installed but I have the app installed. The product is completely broken for me because I cannot do this extremely basic function.

I have a video recorded but I cannot upload it here.

Hi Erik thanks for posting in the community! As a first step could you please try this in a private or incognito window to help us narrow down the potential cause? Could you also try connecting to a different network? Sometimes account performance issues can be related to internet security/speed or browser issues. These steps will help us eliminate that possibility.

If those don't resolve the issue please submit a support ticket here. In that ticket please include the following information so we can take a closer look:

• A screenshot or screen recording of the issue.

• The URL to your document.

• A screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output after reproducing the issue. You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl+Shift+J (if your computer is a Windows/Linux) OR Cmd+Opt+J (if your computer is a Mac).

Hope this helps! Thanks for your help and patience.

I am having a similar problem. Is there a resolution?

Hi Dolores thanks for continuing this thread and apologies for the trouble. Can you please try the troubleshooting steps listed in Leianne's pinned response above to help us understand the cause of the issue? If those don't help please submit a support ticket here. In that ticket please include the following information so we can take a closer look:

• A screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output after reproducing the issue. You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl+Shift+J (if your computer is a Windows/Linux) OR Cmd+Opt+J (if your computer is a Mac).

I discovered the root cause of the issue- it was due to me disabling Paste With Formatting and turning the same hotkey into Paste Without Formatting. Therefore when I hit CMD+V it didn't do the right paste. Once I turned that back on for Chrome it worked fine.

However the issue with not being able to install/use the chrome app persists.

Hi Erik thank you for continuing this thread with what you discovered - that's so helpful! To clarify you're now able to copy and paste using the keyboard commands without issue but you're still unable to copy and paste using the right-click menu? Would you please respond with a screenshot of the error message that you're seeing as well as confirm if you still have the Chrome app installed? Thanks for your help and patience!

Was there any real solution to this?

I have the same problem.
Running Lucid on a chromebook / ChromeOS
Using the Chrome browser.

In other programs Ctr-C/V works fine.
But using it in Lucid nothing happens.

I read something about a setting in the thread above.
Where is this setting located?

Simply copying text somewhere and trying to paste it into any form does not work.
Nor copy of screenshots for example.

Hello Menno

Thanks for participating in this thread.

In order to paste without formatting (plain text) in Lucid you will need to hit CTRL + SHIFT + V on a Chromebook and Cmd + Shift + V on a Mac.

Pasting with formatting should be possible by pressing CTRL + V on a Chromebook and Cmd + V on a Mac.

If this does not work for you I would recommend as a first step that you follow the steps provided by Leianne earlier in this thread. As 

If those don't resolve the issue please submit a support ticket here. In that ticket please include the following information so we can take a closer look:

Thank you!

I use Chrome and my copy paste did not work neither by keyboard shortcuts nor from the menu. I close the tab and restart and it worked.

@shihab h I'm glad to hear that closing and re-opening your document resolved this for you - thanks for sharing your tip!

I'm having the same problem.  Copy/Paste not working in current document. 

Duplicate does work.  But I need to copy from a different document and paste into this one.

The only thing that is unique about this document is that I started it as a Duplicate of a prior one. It's the only document that fails to copy/paste others work OK even cross document copy/paste.

Closing the tab then going to Documents and Open again seems to clear the problem for me too.

Hi @bo3b j thank you for continuing this thread and sharing your experience. Glad to hear that closing and reopening the tab helped resolve the issue for you!