Skip to main content

I would like to be able to copy a table, or a text document with lots of line breaks, and paste so that each cell, or each line of a long text becomes a post-it. CSV import is too time consuming, and I have all these loose files on my computer that I only needed for copying and pasting.

Should be able to copy from:

• Google Doc
  • Google Sheet
  • Numbers (apple standard)
  • Notes (apple standard)
  • Airtable

Probably also excel and word, but I personally don’t use either.

HI @Lou, this is actually possible! You can simply copy the text for your sticky notes and paste it into the Sticky Notes menu in the Primary Toolbar. I’ve demonstrated this with two examples below -

First, from text in a simple notes app:

And next, from a Google sheet:

Note that Lucidspark treats each line break as the start of a new sticky note. 

Please give this a try, and let me know if you have any further questions!

Love it! It would be even more intutitive if it presented as an option on a regular paste.

@Lou Absolutely, that’s great feedback. Thank you for taking the time to post this question! Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do to support your work.

Hi! I thought you, and any others who might come across this topic in the future, might be interested in Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!

@Micah Thanks for this great solution.  Is it possible to add conditions based on filters in an Excel spreadsheet? I’m creating user stories as sticky notes and have a column showing user type, e.g. as a manager, as an employee, admin etc (5 options) and would like the sticky note colour to default based on the data in that column.  Is this possible or is it easier to copy it all into Lucid and then adjust each sticky note manually? (153 notes).  Thanks in advance for your help. 

Hi @deb.gyde, yes, this is possible! To do this, you’ll need to use Lucidchart’s conditional formatting tool (which you can do after copying/pasting your table’s data into Lucidspark as described above). This Add conditional formatting n Lucidchart article describes in detail how to  create rules that will apply styles like this, but essentially you’ll build one that says IF the text of my sticky note contains a certain user type (e.g. “manager”), THEN apply the color of your choice (e.g. blue). You’ll set up a rule like this for each of your five user types. 

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have additional questions. 

That you @Micah - that’s very helpful. 🙂