Skip to main content

I noticed from yesterday (1st February 2023) that I am no longer able to copy diagrams and shapes from Lucid chart to external apps like Microsoft word and PowerPoint or Mac pages and keynote.

I have always been using a simple select all (cmd+A) copy (cmd+C) and then just paste (cmd+V) in word or PowerPoint without any issue. Now I need to export the diagram to jpeg or other format and import to my documents.

Hi Dewalt

Thanks for posting in the Community! Copying and pasting from Lucidchart to external programs is not formally supported and is the reason why you may be seeing this inconsistency. We recommend using our Microsoft integration to import diagrams into Microsoft products -- for more information please review this article that overviews the Microsoft Integrations.

As you've mentioned another workaround is to export the Lucidchart document as a png file or screenshot your diagram and insert that into your Word/Powerpoint/Keynote document. 

I apologize for any inconvenience. Please let us know if you have any additional questions!