Skip to main content

When I choose Convert to Card from a sticky note then select Jira Issue it creates the Jira Issue and creates a card in lucid and the issue in Jira but the card is greyed-out? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Hi Ron thanks for posting in the Lucid community - I'm happy to help! Apologies for the trouble you're experiencing with the Jira Cards integration. In order to help me understand the issue would you please provide the following information:

• Does this occur regardless of the Jira Project or Issue Type you choose when converting to a card?

• Does this only occur for newly created cards and previously created ones (perhaps like "Ron Irene Test 2" in your screenshot above) are unaffected? 

• Does this occur in any Lucidspark board or only in this specific one? 

• Does this persist if you open this board in a private or incognito window?

• Are you still able to interact with the cards even though they are grayed out or are they unresponsive?

Thanks in advance for your help and patience!

Hi Micah 

Thank you for your help with troubleshooting. This issue occurs with any issue type and I've only seen the issue when converting a sticky to a Jira item using the steps originally listed. We can create using "+ New Jira Issue" from Lucid Spark without issue; that's how the non-greyed-out Jira Arch-385 in the screenshot was created. 

- Yes I've tried a few different Jira Projects and all of the Issue Types

- Only occurs for stickies converted to Jira using the right-click menu like in the image below.

- Using the blue Jira diamond menu both of those options work just fine

- I tried a new Lucid Spark board and an Old board (Created in August); the Same result.

- I tried to open both new and old with greyed-out cards in Icognito window; the Same result

- also tried creating a new issue from sticky in the incognito boards with the same result

- yes we are still able to interact with the cards once we "unlock" them (they are locked after creation) links work and I can add tags and get the Jira menu.. (see pic below)

Thank you for any further assistance you might be able to provide. 

Hi Ron thank you so much for your response and your detailed thorough troubleshooting. While I haven't been able to reproduce this issue myself with my own documents or Jira instance this is definitely unusual and not intended behavior. I've also raised this internally with our development team for further investigation and I'll be sure to update this thread as soon as I learn more.

As one additional troubleshooting step can you try toggling WebGL off on a new board and let me know if this makes any difference? This can be done by selecting the hamburger menu > Rendering > Use WebGL and un-selecting this option. After its toggled off can you try again?

Hi Micah

I was thinking more about this. Perhaps the easiest route might be to see if the dev team can let us know what parameters determine if a card is grey-out. For example Jira Permissions or Spark Permissions of the user or maybe a global setting in Lucid that is causing it. Things like that. Once we have that we might be able to deduce whether its a permissions issue or something else that we might have set that's causing this.

To help you understand why this is important to us and our use case. During our PI Planning event we will have team members making stickies for needed Stories and Tasks. After the event we'll have someone sweep through and convert the appropriate stickies into Jira items. So having them grey-out is not really a show stopper but it will create confusion as our team members will question why some stories and tasks are grey-out vs not grey-out.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Ron

Hi Ron thanks for your thoughtful response and sharing more detail about your use case! I certainly understand how this would be confusing and isn't an ideal experience. Our development team is currently investigating the cause and I'll be sure to pass along any relevant information as soon as I am able via this thread. I appreciate your patience and assistance and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience! I hope that in the meantime unlocking and editing these transparent cards will allow you to continue your work. Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

@ron k103 Following up with an update! While our development team continues to investigate they have recommended trying to migrate to our new Jira integration experience which they believe may resolve this issue for you. Your account admin has received instructions on how to do this via email but for your convenience I'll link the steps for them to take here as well. 

For context this new integration enhancement changes how Lucid connects with Jira data on a board allowing Jira data to sync much faster. This reduces the amount of time required to import create convert or sync Lucid Cards at scale and improves product performance.

Hi @Ron K103! Abby here from Lucid. I thought you, and others who might come across this topic in the future, might be interested in Lucid’s Agile Trusted User Group. This group is made up of passionate, experienced users who regularly use agile methodologies in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team and share insights about your workflows, pain points, and needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s agile tools. 🎉 You can learn more and apply here. Thanks!