Skip to main content

I need to be able to do more advanced grouping and arranging of a Smart Container. 

At the very least I'm trying to "Copy all" from the Smart Container shapes to make a new "not smart" normal diagram. Basically getting the value of the initial dataSource->shape creation but then just evolve it from there.

Can I "unsmart" a smart container?

Or

Can I just simply import data to shapes (no linking after the initial import)?

Hi Jared

Thanks for posting in the community! Unfortunately if you import your data into Smart Containers the functionality available will be restricted to that which is outlined in our Smart Containers article. There is not a way to change your smart containers to normal shapes after import nor pull out all the imported data from the smart containers. 

It sounds like what you are hoping to do is import your data into Lucidchart without assigning it to a specific set of parameters (Smart Containers in this case) is that correct? If that is the case that functionality referred to as "Data Linking" in our Lucidchart Plans article is available at the Enterprise level. For more information on this feature and the flexibility it gives you in importing your data source and then the control you have over using that data in different shapes please check out our Data Linking article

Hope this helps!

Hi! I’m Micah from Lucid’s community team. 👋 I thought you, and any others who might come across this topic in the future, might be interested in Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!